Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Task 12

Today, John Greene talked about Pi 2.0 in our faculty meeting, and I was able to do a piece on some of my Pi 2.0 "products".  I showed the teachers the A Separate Peace blog that I set up, demonstrating the different categories and postings.  I also explained Pixton, how I'd gotten the idea from Ben's presentation at the all-levels meeting, and showed them an example of one of the comics my student did using our vocabulary words.  Because Delicious came up during John's presentation, I also demonstrated how that works.  I've only gotten so far as to organize my websites by category, topic, etc..  I have not done a lot of exploring others' tags, but we played around with them a bit together.


People seemed receptive and interested, though there seemed to be some hesitance about the amount of time some of these things take.  In general, I feel like just about everything I've done on Pi 2.0 is, or will eventually be, a time saver - though new things always take me extra time on the front end.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing at the faculty meeting! These things definitely take some set up time in the front end, but I like that they save time for the teacher in the long run AND it puts some responsibility on the students.

    ReplyDelete