Thursday, April 22, 2010

Task 10

Well, as you can probably tell from my last few postings, I've run into a few problems trying to implement the two more "cool tools" I chose.  I hadn't experimented with Voki yet, so I gave that a spin.  While I think it's a great idea - mostly for grabbing kids' attention - I can't get it to show up on my webpage.  While I was investigating it, I found lots of comments from teachers about using Voki in the classroom.  I'm having trouble imagining how, though, unless it's something like the person saying a vocabulary word and using it in a sentence; that might be cool.  Or I suppose you could have the figure read a lit. response aloud, rather than turning it in written.  However, I could see kids spending tons of time on designing their characters, rather than putting the time into their responses.

I also investigated Butns.com, where you can make direct links from your website to all sorts of others.  I set one up with things like Google, Dictionary.com, Wikipedia, etc.  However, I've had the same issue with getting it to show up on my website - it's there to edit, but then it won't post.

Amy is coming to rescue me from my sorrows tomorrow.  I'm sure there's an easy answer, and I'll look forward to seeing these things in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment