Thursday, February 25, 2010

Task 4

A couple of years ago, I took a class on RSS.  At the time, I was utterly and completely overwhelmed by it.    In fact, I had not looked at my Google Reader since.  But, lo and behold, it was still there.  I found some great stuff, scrolling through the recent arrivals, especially an episode of Grammar Girl.  She does podcasts on various grammar-related topics, two of which I'm studying with my class right now.  Here is one on among vs. between for all you grammar nerds out there:  http://c4.libsyn.com/media/273/grammar207_between.mp3?nvb=20100225150304&nva=20100226151304&t=037dc79f94d0f848b87b5

One thing I learned this week was how to set up the folders, which I like.  I have them labeled with the names of my individual classes to which they might apply, as well as one for home and one for Pi 2.0.

I have a couple of questions about the whole RSS thing.  One is I'm having trouble finding the feed icons on the sites I visited.  I was able to add a bunch manually, but I wonder if I'm missing something easier.  

Also, one you scroll by the articles and don't open them, I understand that it sees it as you having read them, but is there a way to keep them from disappearing without starring them?  I think I would like four categories: ones I haven't read, ones I have read and want to delete, ones I have read and want to save, and ones I glanced at but haven't read and want to go back to.  Is that possible?

And one more:  do the posts automatically delete after a certain amount of time if you don't open them?  I had several posts but all recent - not two years worth.

Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment